Millennium Post

Want to quit from Nov 4: Prasar Bharati CEO to I&B Ministry

Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has written to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry stating he wants to resign the post with effect from November 4.

Sircar, who was appointed as Prasar Bharati CEO in 2012 by the UPA-II government and whose term expires next February, has written to the I&B ministry that he would like to tender his resignation prematurely, top sources told PTI. In a letter to I&B Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday, Sircar conveyed his desire to leave “just after Diwali”, which falls on October 30. He has written another letter to I&B secretary Ajay Mittal saying, he would like to tender his resignation from the post “with effect from November 4”.

Sources added that Sircar may stay on till the auction policy for Doordarshan slots is cleared. “In the letter to the I&B ministry, Sircar has also informed of his wish to relocate to Kolkata,” an official source said. When contacted, Sircar said he did not wish to make any comment on the matter.

Last month, Sircar had said he is considering resigning the post and he has thought “very strongly” about this option. Sircar had made the comment when asked if he was contemplating to resign as CEO of Prasar Bharati, which runs Doordarshan as well as All India Radio (AIR) amid speculation that he might seek premature retirement. 
Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top