Millennium Post
Nation

Two persons charred to death in Malda

Two persons were charred to death while they were sleeping inside a tailoring shop at Bakhra area under Ratua police station in Malda on Saturday night, police said. Police suspect that the victims were not aware about the fire as they were sleeping when the incident took place. 

However, it was too late when they woke up and as a result they got trapped inside the room. Police recovered the bodies on Sunday morning. 

According to the preliminary investigation, police suspect that an electrical short-circuit could have caused the fire. However, they are not ruling out the possibility of any foul play behind the deaths of two brothers. 

Nayeem Ansari, 27, who owned a betel leaf shop in the area, was staying inside the tailoring shop along with his younger brother Aspak Ansari. Aspak was a driver by profession. 

The two brothers used to sleep in the tailoring shop owned by one Raju Ansari. Local people told the police that foul smell was coming from the room on Sunday morning and the smoke was billowing. 

The local people then broke open the door to find two brothers lying inside the room with burn injuries all over their bodies. On being informed police reached the spot and took them to the Malda Medical College and Hospital where they were declared brought dead. Their bodies have been sent for post- mortem. 

Police have started an inquiry into the case. They are looking into all possible angles behind their death. 
Next Story
Share it