Millennium Post

Two housewives found dead in separate incidents in Hoogly

Two housewives were killed allegedly by their in-laws in two separate incidents in Hooghly on Monday.

Police said that Pinky Pal, who had got married to a furniture shop owner eight years ago at Tarakeswar in Hooghly, was found dead in a mysterious situation in her in-laws’ house this morning. 

Pinky’s family members alleged that she often used to complaint of torture by her husband, father-in-law and mother-in-law.

As alleged by the victim’s parents, Pinky was tortured as she had given birth to a girl child. Her daughter is at present five-years-old. 

The victim’s parents told the police that a couple of days ago, Pinky told them over the phone that her in-laws had abused her and beaten her up mercilessly and locked her inside a room. 

But she was never in favour of leaving her in-laws’ house for the sake of her daughter. 

This afternoon, the victim’s husband Bikash Pal contacted her parents and told them that she was seriously ill.

But they found Pinky lying dead on the floor of her bedroom with injury marks on her body. 
The victim’s husband and in-laws had fled soon after her parents asked them to reveal what exactly led to the death of their daughter. The body has been sent for autopsy. 

In another similar incident at Rishra in Hooghly, local people ransacked a portion of the person’s house who had allegedly killed his wife for failing to bring money from her parents. 

Police said that the victim Apu Singha was a resident of Burman Para.

Her husband used to beat her up whenever she failed to bring money from her parents. She had never disclosed it to anyone apart from some neighbours, who didn’t find Apu in the house since yesterday evening. 

Her family members told the neighbours that she was taking rest in her room as she was ill. The suspicion rose late last night when they went to their house again and found blood stains on the floor of a room and initiated a search.

They found her body under a bed and informed other people in the locality.

The police sent the body for autopsy and arrested the victim’s husband and his parents. 
This morning the local people damaged a portion of the house of the victim’s in-laws. Police went to the spot and brought the situation under control.
Next Story
Share it