Top
Millennium Post

Two die of suffocation

Two bodies have been found at Maurya Enclave in Pitampura. The prima facie states that the duo died due to suffocation caused by fire inside a room.

The incident occurred on Thursday morning, where two workers of a construction site in Pitampura were found dead in the smoke filled room.

Ibrahim, 28, and Shan – e – Alam, 25, residents of Moradabad, were construction workers and were employed by a builder in Pitampura for the last 15 days. ‘On the day of the incident, they went to sleep in their room at the third floor of the building. They apparently light a bonfire inside the room to keep themselves warm. On that day as well they had lit the fire and closed the door and windows,’ said a police official.

When the other workers did not see them at the construction site the next day, they checked their room, where they found them dead. A PCR call was made immediately by a worker.

According to the police, the two workers were found at 10 am. ‘The smoke was still emitting from their room.  It seems like they choked to death because of lack of ventilation,’ said a worker at the construction site.

‘We are probing further to see if there was any foul play in the incident,’  said a police official.
MPost

MPost

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Next Story
Share it