Top
Millennium Post

Two die of poisonous gas inhalation

At least two persons died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a chemical tank in an ice factory in the Keshapuram area.

Hashim, 40, and Sarfaraj, 40, were employers of a private ice factory called Sunil Ice Factory and Cold Storage, located at Lawrence Road in Keshavpuram. They were cleaning a chemical tank, which is used to dispose off the chemical waste of the factory, when the incident took place.

'We received the call on PCR at around 10 am. The two injured were immediately rushed to the Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead. Both the deceased apparently died because of poisonous gas inhalation,' said a police officer.

Their bodies are sent to the hospital for postmortem. The case of negligence has been registered against the factory owner identified as Sunil. Hashim, resident of Nangloi, and Sarfaraj, resident of Jakhira, had been working at the factory for more than six years.
Next Story
Share it