Top
Millennium Post

Trial resumes in 16 Dec gang rape case, IO denies fabricating evidence

The trial in the 16 December gang rape case on Monday resumed in a Delhi court after the summer vacation with the investigating officer (IO) rejecting the allegation that she had fabricated evidence.

‘It is wrong to suggest that all the accused persons were falsely implicated in the present case,’ the lady IO, who had initially probed the case, told additional sessions judge Yogesh Khanna.

The officer also refuted the allegation that accused Vinay Sharma was a juvenile at the time of the incident or that he had shown her the clippings of a musical function where he was allegedly present on the night of16 December, 2012, when the 23-year-old girl was gangraped by the six persons in a moving bus here.

The six accused had also brutally assaulted the victim's male friend, a software engineer, with an iron rod and later dumped both of them on the road side.  ‘It is wrong to suggest that accused Vinay was juvenile at the time of the incident or that his parents told me so.

It is wrong to suggest that Vinay ever showed me the clippings of a musical show in which he was present on the day of the incident,’ the officer told the court. She also denied the allegation that accused Akshay had been falsely implicated as he was not present in Delhi at the time of the crime.

Next Story
Share it