Top
Millennium Post

Trial of ex-IMF chief next year

The trial of former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, accused of ‘aggravated pimping’ in an alleged prostitution ring in France, will take place next year, a source close to the case said on Wednesday. Strauss-Kahn has been charged with ‘aggravated pimping as part of a group’ in the so-called ‘Carlton affair’, one of a string of lurid cases that emerged after he resigned from IMF over an alleged sexual assault on a New York hotel maid. According to a source close to the case who wished to remain anonymous, the trial will take place in 2014.

The case centers on allegations that business leaders and police officials supplied prostitutes for sex parties in the northern French city of Lille, some of which are said to have taken place at the upmarket Carlton Hotel. Prosecutors in June had called for charges against Strauss-Kahn, 64, to be dropped, saying there was insufficient evidence to proceed to trial. But last week, the Lille prosecutors’ office said investigating magistrates had ordered him and 12 other defendants to face trial.
Next Story
Share it