Top
Millennium Post

Trial commences in east Delhi minor’s rape case

The trial in the rape case of a five-year-old child allegedly involving two youths commenced on Wednesday in a Delhi court with the girl's mother bursting into tears during her testimony.
The mother got back her composure after being consoled by the judge and lawyers and identified accused Manoj Shah, saying he was one of the two who had raped her daughter.
Deposing before additional sessions judge Sanjay Garg, the woman said she knows only Manoj as he was their neighbour and she does not know co-accused Pradeep Kumar.

The court fixed 1 August for recording statements of the victim and her father in the case.
The 23-year-old woman, the first prosecution witness in the case, told the court that her daughter had been missing since 15 April  and on the morning of 17 April, she was found locked in a room in the same building where they stay.

When they broke the lock of the room, where Manoj was staying on rent, they found the minor lying on the ground, crying and she was bleeding, she said. She said there were marks on the child's neck which supports the police theory that the accused had tried to kill the girl by strangulating and slitting her throat.

When the police reached the spot in the Gandhi Nagar area of east Delhi, the family members and cops took the child to a hospital where doctors took out pieces of candle and bottle from her body, the woman, whose recording of statement concluded on Wednesday, said.
On being asked by defence counsel R S Juneja if she had any enmity with the accused, the woman replied in negative saying she never had any quarrel with Manoj.

Next Story
Share it