4 chicken breast halves, bone-in or out
1/2 cup neutral oil, such as canola or grape seed
1/4 cup trimmed scallions, white and green parts combined, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Peeled and sliced ginger and garlic
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons good soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
· First, spread salt evenly on both sides of the cleaned chicken.
· Place the ginger slices and garlic on the bottom of a dish, top with the chicken, and then scatter with spring onions.
· Steam the chicken for 30 minutes over high heat or until cooked through. Allow the chicken to cool a little, before putting them into a sealable plastic bag. Drop the whole bag into ice water and allow the chicken to cool completely
· Prepare to cook the sauce meanwhile, stir together the ginger, oil, scallions, and salt in a bowl. The mixture should be quite strong; you can add more ginger, scallions, or salt if you like.
· Add a tablespoon of good quality soy sauce into it and mix everything together. This forms a simple but full of aroma sauce.
· Cut the cooked and tender chicken into pieces of your favourite size and set aside.
· Arrange the shredded chicken on the bottom of a serving dish and then arrange the sliced chicken on top.
· When the chicken is done, drizzle it with the soy sauce and sesame oil and serve. Pass the sauce at the table or divide it into four small bowls for dipping.
(Courtesy: Chef Choong Chew Loon, Royal China)
- 17 May 2020 6:47 PM GMT
- 6 May 2020 6:06 PM GMT
- 8 May 2020 8:02 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 25 May 2020 7:27 PM GMT
- 25 May 2020 7:25 PM GMT
- 25 May 2020 7:24 PM GMT
- 25 May 2020 7:22 PM GMT
- 25 May 2020 7:21 PM GMT