Khao neow mamuang
Coconut milk 60ml
Sugar 05 gms
Salt 1 gms
(roasted) 02 gms
Ripe mango 1
1. Wash sticky rice and soak it for 8 hrs.
2. Put it in muslin cloth and steam it.
3. Put coconut milk in a pot, add sugar and salt. Keep on stirring it on slow flame till it becomes a little thick.
4. When sticky rice is done, pack it with coconut milk, leaving 1 tbsp of coconut milk aside for garnishing.
5. Peel the mango and dice it.
6. Put sticky rice in a small mould. De-mould it onto a plate. Garnish with a tbsp of coconut milk and sesame seeds. Serve it with dices of mango.
(Chef Veena Arora- Chef De Cuisine at The Spice Route)