Fried chicken dinner salad
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs (such as Progresso®)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (such as Tony Chachere's®)
1 cup olive oil
3 cups chopped lettuce
1 tomato, cut into wedges
2 carrots, grated
2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
6 tablespoons ranch dressing
1. Beat egg in a shallow dish.
2. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together in a shallow dish.
3. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning. Dip chicken into beaten egg and dredge in bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly to coat evenly.
4. Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook breaded chicken in the hot oil until golden brown, about 10 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Drain chicken on paper towels. Slice into strips.
5. Divide lettuce, tomato, carrots, and hard-boiled eggs between 2 large pasta bowls. Top with sliced chicken; drizzle salad dressing on top. (Courtesy: allrecipes.com)