Ripe peaches, peeled, diced500 Grams
Fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
Cold water1/4 cup
Granulated sugar1/3 cup
Garnish/ Peach Topping:
1 ripe peach, peeled and cut into a sector Mint leaves, optional
Heavy whipping cream1 cup
Food Grade Yellow colour02 Drops
Method Of Preparation:
• Peel, slice some peaches and keep aside and Dice remaining peaches, transfer the fruit to a blender or food processor, add 2 Tbsp lemon juice right away to keep from discolouring and blend until pureed. Keep puree in the blender jar until ready to use.
• In a small sauce pan (off the heat), add 1/4 cup cold water and sprinkle top with 1 Tbsp gelatin. Let sit 5 minutes to soften then stir in 1/3 cup sugar and place over medium heat, stirring just until sugar has dissolved (1 to 2 min) then remove from heat – don't overcook.
• Divide Fruit puree into two parts and add half of the gelatin mixture to one part fruit puree and blend until well combined. Cover with lid and chill in refrigerator until mixture begins to thicken (1 hour).
• Once puree starts to thicken, beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold one part of whipped cream into fruit mixture, mixing until smooth. Pour in small glasses and place tilted in refrigerator to set.
• After the mixture is set, place sliced Peaches into the set glasses and continue the same procedure to the other part of fruit puree, gelatine and whipped cream. Add the Food Grade Yellow colour and mix well. Pour the mixture into the glass and refrigerate.
• Serve chilled topped with Sliced Peach.
(Courtesy: Chef Prajit P Kumar, The Ashok Hotel)