• Pineapple – 1 medium size
• Sugar -2 ½ cups or as per taste
• Lemon Juice – 2 tbl sp
• Jaifal (Nutmeg) powder – ½ tsp
• Pineapple essence – 1 tsp (optional, I don't use it a natural pineapple flavour was good enough for me)
1. Peel and chop pineapple cubes. Take them in a blender and make them into a coarse puree or smooth puree (as you wish).
2. Now pour them in kadai, add in sugar and mix well.
3. Heat it up, cook them for 15 to 20 mins or so, till the sugar is dissolved and get little thick consistency.
4. Now add nutmeg powder and mix well.
5. Switch off the flame and add the lemon juice. Mix well
6. Allow it to cool down completely.
7. Now take a clean dry glass jar and store this jam in it.
8. Enjoy with bread, biscuits and chapatti.
(Courtesy: Baishali Ghosh)