• Flour – 4 cups
• Dry yeast – 4 teaspoons
• Milk – 1 cupw
• Water – ¾ cup
• Butter or oil -1/2 cup
• Sugar -1/3 cup
• Salt -1/2 teaspoon
• Sesame seeds – 2 tablespoons
1. Mix 3 cups flour and 4 teaspoons of yeast in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix milk, water, oil, sugar and salt and then put it in microwave and heat till it is lukewarm .
3. Add all at once to flour mixture and beat till it is smooth.
4. Mix remaining flour to the above to make a soft dough . Mix well until dough is soft and slightly sticky
5. Now, let the dough rest in a large greased bowl and cover with a fresh cloth. Let it rest for about 30-45 minutes . It will double up in size.
6. Shape dough into 12 -15 small balls and place on greased baking sheet to rise until doubled in size.
(Approx one hour)
7. Now sprinkle the sesame seeds on the balls.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 15 minutes.
(Courtesy: Baishali Ghosh)