Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
375 gms flour
1 cup sugar
250 gms butter
16 Tbsp cocoa powder
For the Salted Caramel:
3 Tbsp sugar
14 Tbsp cream
1 Tbsp butter
Pinch of sea salt
1 stick vanilla pod
1. Sift flour and cocoa powder together.
2. Add butter, sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth slowly.
3. Add eggs a little at a time.
4. Prepare a dough.
5. Roll dough on a light floured surface, shape dough into flat disks and fold it a bit.
6. Dock with fork by placing a few small holes in the bottom of the dough to allow air through.
7. Bake till the crust gets light brown in colour (20 minutes-baking time).
8. Once the shell cools a bit, fill it the salted caramel chocolate filing.
9. For the Salted Caramel
10. Warm the cream to infuse vanilla.
11. In a pot caramelise the sugar.
12. When the sugar turns amber,add the infused cream and melted dark chocolate.
13. Boil this mixture again and add the butter and a pinch of sea salt.
14. Cool the mixture.
15. Place it over the freshly prepared tarts.