Preparation time: 20 mins (boiling eggs) Cook time: 20 mins Serves 4
2 inch cinnamon stick tsp.
cumin 3 tbsps.
Oil (yes. you need so much)
1 heaped cup of finely chopped onions
i green chilli tsp red chilli powder
Few coriander leaves Vz to 1 tsp.
sugar 11/2 tsps. Ginger garlic paste
2 medium tomatoes (choose sweet variety. if you don't Like sour variety. but I use sour one)
White vinegar Salt to taste
1. 1-lard boil the eggs and shell them. You can cut the eggs to desired sizes. I do not prefer to do so went ahead with whole eggs
2. Puree the tomatoes and set aside
3. Heat a pan with oil: add cinnamon stick and cumin. Sauté for a min
4. Add onions and fry till golden brown
5. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till you get a good aroma
6. Add green chilli. red chili powder. garam masala. Mix and fry for 2 mins. Do not burn but frying is very important
7. Add tomato puree and fry till the gravy thicken and becomes dry
8. Pour 1 cup water, add vinegar, sugar and mix. Let it cook for 3-4 min till the oil separates.
9. Add eggs. Cover and cook till you get the desired consistency
Serve after 30 minutes.