Millennium Post

Stalker killed Noida girl as she was getting married

Stalker killed Noida girl as she was getting married
The victim of the Noida rape-cum-murder case was reportedly killed by her stalker as her parents had arranged for her marriage with another boy. The main accused in the case was reportedly stalking the girl for the last four years and planned her kidnapping days before her marriage.

According to the girl’s relatives, they were in the process of finalising her marriage with a prospective groom from their community in Najafgarh in Delhi. ‘The boy had met the girl a few days ago and his parents had given their consent to the marriage. They were finalising the date for the ceremony,’ said a relative of the girl.

The main accused Uday Vir Yadav, 27, according to the girl’s relatives, had attempted to rape the girl inside her house around two years ago but had escaped punishment as the village panchayat prevailed on the girl’s parents not to report the matter to the police.

The panchayat is dominated by Yadavs, the community to which the accused belongs, and the victim belonged to a scheduled caste.

‘When she did not return from work on Friday, we suspected that some unfortunate incident might have taken place. But officers at sector 63 police post insulted us and turned us away,’ said a relative. The 21-year-old victim used to work in a garment export company in sector 65 and was staying with her parents in Mohalla Chotpur in village Bahlolpur.

‘Tumhari ladki jawan hai, Kisi ke sath bhag gayi hogi (Your girl is young, she will have eloped with any boy),’ a policemen reportedly told the girl’s family members. Around 9 am the girl’s body was recovered by some villagers from around 1 km from Chotpur in a bush near Hindon Pushta. They informed the police.

The girl’s relatives alleged that pressure tactics of the police continued even after her body was recovered and rape was proved prima-facie. ‘After the post-mortem examination, a police van reached the village with her body and stopped for only 10 minutes at her home at around 6.30 pm on Saturday. They asked her parents and relatives to reach the crematorium at Hindon and drove away,’ said a relative.

When the relatives reached the crematorium at 9 pm they found the mortal remains of the girl have been laid on the funeral pyre. The police allegedly pressurised them to perform the last rites but they refused to buckle under pressure and brought the body back home. Her final rites were performed at 11.30 am on Sunday,’ a source said.
Next Story
Share it