Home > Sports > Stakeholders postpone PWL-2 due to demonetisation

Stakeholders postpone PWL-2 due to demonetisation

 Agencies |  2016-11-29 11:52:01.0  |  New Delhi

Demonetisation seems to have hit the sporting arena as well with the second edition of Pro Wrestling League being postponed from its original scheduled start of December 15 as the franchises and stakeholders need more time to re-plan and re-structure their schemes.

“Post demonetisation, the PWL franchises and the stakeholders have asked for time to re-structure and re-plan their schemes. Hence, the date of the League had to be postponed,” the promoters of the PWL, Pro Sportify director Vishal Gurnani said. “The revised dates would be announced on November 30,” he added.

Meanwhile, the sources claimed that the PWL-2 is likely to begin not before the last week of December. “The League will be re-scheduled to the last week of December. Also the players’ auction will now take place 15 days prior to the commencement of the tournament,” the source said. 

There were also plans to field eight franchises as compared to six teams in the inaugural edition, but PWL on Monday said that there would be no addition and the number of teams competing against each other would remain six, just like last year. 

Share it
Top