Sohrabs yet to be traced despite look out notice

Sohrabs yet to be traced despite look out notice
Even after 60 hours, the city police are yet to arrest anyone in connection with the incident in which an officer of the Indian Air Force was killed after being hit by a car on Red Road during rehearsal of the Republic Day parade.

The city police have formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) comprised of 22 policemen and officers to probe into the incident.

It is learnt that some officers of the team were sent to some of the adjoining districts after they came to know that the accused fled there after the incident. 

Police have got hold of the footage of Md Sohrab’s residential premises. In the footage, the police officers found Sohrab and his son Ambia leaving their Jorasanko residence at around 7 am on Wednesday. It was around after half-an-hour after the incident in which Corporal Abhimanyu Gaud was killed. 

Local people also informed police that they never left their house so early and that day they were appearing suspicious. 

“A local youth said he felt as if the duo were going out of station,” a police officer said. 

However, there was a twist in the entire episode after a missing complaint of Sanu, a friend of the two sons of Md Sohrab, was lodged at Bowbazar police station on Friday. The complaint was lodged by Sanu’s sister-in-law. She informed that Sanu had called her from an unknown number and he said that he was in Kolaghat.

The woman informed that Sanu told her over phone that he was in Calcutta Café at Chittaranjan Avenue with Md Sohrab’s younger son Sambia and another friend.  He told his sister-in-law that he was an eye-witness of the accident. He claimed that Sambia was driving the Audi that hit the Air Force officer on Red Road. Sambia was all alone in that car while he and another friend Jony were in a Scoda that was following the Audi.

Police, however, claimed that they were yet to find the second car in any of the footages of surveillance cameras. The police are verifying the claims of Sanu that he made to his sister-in-law.

According to Defence spokesperson, they had expected that the police will arrest someone by Friday as already 60 hours have passed after the incident that claimed a life of an Air Force officer.

Meanwhile, on Saturday morning there will a rehearsal of the Republic Day parade on Red Road. Security has been tightened to avoid any such incident.


Our Contributor help bring you the latest article around you


View All

Latest News

View All
Share it