Sleazy pics row: Karnataka Minister meets CM, says ready for probe
Amid demands for his resignation for allegedly looking at sleazy pictures on his mobile at a public function, Karnataka Minister Tanvir Sait on Sunday met Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and said he was ready to face any probe in the incident.
Sait said he will abide by the decision of the Chief Minister and claimed he had filed a police complaint against the reporter and cameraman of a TV News channel, who had made the controversial footage, with an intention to obtain the complete raw video.
“In the wake of media reports about watching mobile during Tipu Jayanti celebrations, I personally met Chief Minister and have given complete information in detail,” Sait told reporters after the meeting.
“I have informed the Chief Minister that I have filed the complaint with an intention to get an opportunity to telecast the entire unedited raw video and to get the video for inquiry, as the media were telecasting just 2-3 seconds of video and there was confusion about me viewing some pictures and also video,” he added.
Sait, who is the Minister for Primary and Secondary Education, had on Thursday landed in a controversy after video footage emerged showing him purportedly watching pictures of skimpily clad girls on his mobile on dais at a public function to mark Tipu Jayanti celebrations in Raichur district.
Raichur Police had yesterday booked a reporter and a cameraman of a channel, who had taken the controversial footage, under IPC section 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) on a complaint by Sait.
Opposition BJP and JD(S) besides veteran Congress leader Janardhan Poojary have demanded his removal.
Sait said he had not done anything that would malign his party, government and public who have voted him.
“I have told Chief Minister that I’m ready for any inquiry and will abide by any decision he takes,” he said.
Siddaramaiah had earlier said he has sought a report, on the basis of which an inquiry will be conducted before taking any action. To a question on filing a complaint against journalists belonging to a media channel, Sait said, “When I had sought entire raw video from the media channel, they said they can’t give.
“I could have obtained only after filing a complaint. I have clearly said in my complaint also that the background for it is to obtain the raw video and subject it to inquiry.”
“I have given complete details, in this regard too, to the Chief Minister,” he added. Sait said the Chief Minister has also obtained certain information about the incident from the Cyber Crime Division. “I will abide by any decision of the Chief Minister and the party. I will not indulge in any activity that will cause discomfort to them,” he added.