Serena continues to lead women’s singles rankings
<g data-gr-id="27">nited</g> States tennis player Serena Williams, with 11,500 points, continues to lead the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) <g data-gr-id="20">world</g> singles rankings released on Monday.
Polish Agnieszka Radwanska broke into the top 10 after winning the Toray Pan-Pacific Open title over Belinda Bencic, while Serbian Ana Ivanovic rose from 12th place to 9th, despite being eliminated in the Japanese tournament quarter-finals, reports Efe.
Spanish Garbine Muguruza and Carla Suarez remained in eighth and 10th places, respectively.
The current WTA ranking and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (United States) 11,500 points
2. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,780
3. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 5,691
4. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,396
5. Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic) 3,525