Millennium Post

Residential permit to Japanese nationals working in India

Government has decided to grant residential permit to Japanese nationals working in India till their employment period.

The special privilege is also to be granted to the dependents of all Japanese nationals, an order issued by the Home Ministry said.

“Japanese nationals holding Employment (E) Visa and their dependents holding ‘X’ (Entry) visa may be granted residential permit co-terminus with the validity of the Employment/ ‘X’ Visa as the case may be,” the order said.

The decision came three months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Japan in September.

However, if at any time such a Japanese national proposes to be absent from his or her registered address for a continuous period of eight weeks or more, or is changing the registered address, or is finally departing from India, the person concerned shall, before leaving, inform to the jurisdictional registration officer of his or her intention to leave, either temporarily or permanently.

The Home Ministry has conveyed its decision to all state governments, union territory administrations, Bureau of Immigration and Foreigners Regional Registration Offices (FRROs) for necessary action.

In case a Japanese national is moving to another address in India, the new address should also be intimated to the registration officer.

Japanese nationals who are required to register with the FRRO or Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned need not be present in person in the FRRO or FRO for initial registration or for subsequent extension of visa or residential permit and this may be done through an authorised representative.
Next Story
Share it