Millennium Post

Post Karol Bagh robberies, miscreants still on the run after 48 hours

Even after 48 hours of investigation, the police are yet to identify any of the accused in the two back-to-back robberies, one involving a murder, at Karol Bagh on Tuesday night. However, a highly placed police source confirmed that the accused gangs in both cases are different.

Based on human inputs, the police have zeroed in on a few alleged history-sheeters and proclaimed characters of the area. But their names were not disclosed for convenience in investigation. The police have also not ruled out the probability of the role of an insider in both cases, said a police official.

“The number of teams deployed in this case was increased from six to 13 on Thursday,” said Paramaditya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central).

A businessman was allegedly robbed of Rs 2 crore at gunpoint and a worker at a jewellery shop was shot dead in two separate robbery cases reported within three hours at Central Delhi’s Karol Bagh area on Tuesday night. In the first incident reported around 8.15 pm on Tuesday, a mobile phone trader, identified as Shyamlal (58), was about to close his shop when five unidentified men broke into the shop premises on lane 53 of Karol Bagh’s Raigar Pura, said a police official.

He further said, the accused pointed guns at Shyamlal and three of his employees present in the shop during the incident. The accused then tied up the victim and his employees together with a long rope and allegedly took away Rs 2 crore, which Shyamlal is said to have withdrawn in the afternoon for business purposes. They fled the scene immediately, along with the mobile phones of Shyamlal and his employees.

In the second incident reported around 11.15 pm on Tuesday, a 19-year-old man, working as a goldsmith at a shop on lane 37 of Karol Bagh’s Biadon Pura, was allegedly shot dead by three unidentified men, who fled after robbing him of around 600 gm of raw gold. The victim, identified as Milan Majhi, was rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia hospital, where he was declared brought dead. He reportedly received a bullet on his head, said a police official.
Next Story
Share it