Millennium Post

Police still unclear on what drove ACP over the edge

Police still unclear on what drove ACP over the edge
Even after initiating detailed probe, investigators are clueless about what might have prompted the couple to take such extreme step. They have said that things will be clear once their family members come. Police have also been waiting for his wife to recovery so that they can question her. 

Meanwhile, her condition is said to be still critical and doctors have said that first 84 hours since her admission are crucial following which she might be shifted to AIIMS.

As per the report, Singh went inside one of the bedrooms and locked himself up. Soon, Sarita (his wife) heard a gunshot and went downstairs asking the security guards to help her save her husband. Once she was certain that he was no longer alive, she picked up a knife and slashed her wrist. It is also suspected that she tried to kill herself with Singh’s gun first and when it failed, she resorted to other options. She jumped off from her flat. The balcony from where she jumped was stained with blood when the police reached there.

Those close to the family said that from what they could make out from the phone conversations, domestic spats never looked threatening, said police sources who suspect a sudden provocation. 

Sources in Noida police said Sarita could be later shifted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Doctors at Yatharth Hospital said that injuries include those on the head and stomach besides multiple fractures are severe. They further added that the attempted slash on the wrist contributed to excessive blood loss. Sources in the Special Cell said that a Delhi Police team was rushed to Singh’s apartment in Noida Sector 100 as soon as information about the incident was received. So far, there is no information about any suicide note. 

Officials informed Singh’s relatives at his home town Chapra in Bihar. His postmortem was conducted on Tuesday after which his body was handed over to his relatives. 

“The inquest has been taken up by Noida police and we are cooperating with them,” said a senior official adding that several officials have been questioned and none of them have claimed to have noticed any change in Singh’s behaviour lately,” said an official.

Sarita is still reported to be in a critical condition. She might be shifted to specialised facilities in Delhi once her condition is reported to be relatively stable, said sources in Special Cell. 

Investigators have briefed Delhi Police about the case and so far it has emerged that on Monday night, the couple was alone at home with their 18-month-old daughter when the incident took place.
Next Story
Share it