Home > Kolkata > Oppn continues to launch baseless allegations in fifth phase

Oppn continues to launch baseless allegations in fifth phase

 MPost |  2016-05-01 23:36:49.0  |  Kolkata

The trend of lodging false complaints by CPI(M) and Congress with the Election Commission continued unabated on Saturday.

Most of the complaints were related to attacks on Opposition polling agents, intimidating them and even throwing them out of the booths. The Commission conducted inquiry and found that most of the complaints were false. It may be recalled that on April 17, during the second phase of election, the EC had received 3,170 complaints and more than 90 percent of the allegations made on that day were found to be untrue.

Sunil Kumar Gupta, Chief Electoral Officer said the EC on Saturday received 2,970 complaints on Saturday. Of these, 2,846 complaints were disposed off and the remaining had been looked into. 
The EC on Friday received the second highest numbers of complaints. Interestingly, no complaints came from Rashbehari and Ballygunge constituencies. 

In Bhowanipore, CPI(M) workers lodged complaints that TMC supporters had gathered outside a booth in Bhowanipore. QRT mobile reached the spot and found the situation was normal, said Sunil Gupta, Chief Electoral Officer.

Share it
Top