Top
Millennium Post

No new constructions: Govt

No new constructions: Govt
The government order, however, has not mentioned any cut off date for upcoming constructions.

“It is further directed that no new construction should be allowed to come up in violation of the existing building by-laws, judicial orders and other applicable regulations and statutes on the subject. All existing agencies shall ensure the compliance of this order and the officer in-charge of the relevant jurisdiction shall be held personally responsible for any new construction,” said the order issued on February 20.

It is important to mention that the new government had earlier banned all types of planned demolitions by all civic agencies, Delhi Development Authority (DDA) and departments of Delhi government. According to sources, the DDA raised serious concerns on the legality of the order and carried out two major demolitions — one each in East Delhi and South Delhi.

The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) also refused to abide by the order, citing jurisdiction of the Delhi government. “NDMC comes under the administrative control of the Union Home Ministry. Any proposal by the council is put before the meeting of the council before coming to a final decision,” said a senior official of NDMC.

Notably, all demolitions in the city by any government agency are monitored by the Delhi High Court through Nodal Steering Committees. Parliament has already passed an order, providing protection to all unauthorised constructions till June 14, this year.
Next Story
Share it