Millennium Post

Gurugram couple's murder was pre-planned: Police

Gurugram couples murder was pre-planned: Police

Gurugram: The Gurugram police on Thursday evening arrested Abhinav Aggarwal who has been accused of murdering the husband and wife. According to law enforcement officials, the attack was a pre-planned and not a spontaneous one.

According to law enforcement officials, he was a former colleague and a friend of the man, who had worked with him at the BPO four years ago and had visited them for dinner on Wednesday night.

Police said prima facie, the motive of the crime is suspected to be a financial dispute. A case of murder was registered against the man, Abhinav Aggarwal, on the statement of the victims' family.

The deceased have been identified as Vikram Singh, 35, and Jyoti Singh, 32. Vikram had been working at a BPO in Shankar Chowk, at the back-end of a healthcare process. Jyoti was a homemaker.

Police said according to the complaint filed by Shailendra, Vikram's brother, the incident took place at 3.55 am, when he was at his cousin's house, in a lane adjacent to his house.

Shailendra said that Aggarwal came to their house on Wednesday night to discuss a financial issue.

"Two years ago, Abhinav had duped them of Rs 1.5 lakh, promising a job abroad. Vikram had been asking him to return the money. After several excuses, he came to our house at 9.30 pm to settle the issue.

They both went to the roof and started drinking beer, while I went to my cousin's house nearby for dinner and slept there. At 3.55 am, we heard a commotion and went to check. My brother was lying in a pool of blood in the hall on the second floor of the house and my sister-in-law was lying on the upstairs. Both had stab wounds," he said.

They were taken to the Sector 10 government hospital, where doctors declared them dead.

Birem Singh, the assistant commissioner of police (ACP), Udyog Vihar, said that as per a preliminary probe, the suspect first stabbed Vikram, in his sleep, around 3.30am. "He resisted and his wife woke up due to the melee, she ran out of the room. The suspect ran after her and stabbed her at the staircase. Their boy had woken up and ran downstairs. The suspect tried to escape but could not open the main gate as it was locked," he said.

Police said it is not clear if the woman ran out of the room and left her son behind. A police officer, privy to the investigation, said that the murder weapon has yet to be recovered.

Team MP

Team MP

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you

Share it