Top
Millennium Post

My ‘Clasico’ comeback is fate, says Luis Suarez

My ‘Clasico’ comeback is fate, says Luis Suarez
Fifa sidelined the controversial Uruguay striker for four months and banned him for nine competitive internationals after he bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup finals in Brazil.  The ban ends on 24 Oct, meaning Suarez, who had already been sanctioned twice for biting opponents and once when he was accused of racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, could run out at the Bernabeu the following day if selected by Barca coach Luis Enrique.

‘You know, I’m the kind of person who believes that things happen for a reason,’ Suarez said in an interview published on Barca’s website on Tuesday.  ‘Out of all 19 teams in the league, it’s precisely against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu that I’ll make my comeback,’ added the 27-year-old. ‘There must be a reason.’  Suarez has been training hard with his new teammates to make sure he is ready for action when the ban expires.

He netted a double for Uruguay in a 3-0 friendly win over Oman on Monday, his second appearance for the South Americans on their tour of the Middle East after he played in Friday’s 1-1 draw with Saudi Arabia.

Next Story
Share it