Millennium Post

More allegations against Cliff Richard surface

More allegations against Cliff Richard surface
The 73-year-old was questioned by officials last August after a man came forward and claimed that he had been molested by the star in the 1980s, reports telegraph.co.uk.

But in a letter to Keith Vaz, the chairman of the Home Affairs Select Committee, David Crompton, the Chief Constable of South Yorkshire, confirmed that the investigation had now expanded beyond that single allegation.

Responding to a request from Vaz for an update into the progress of the investigation, Crompton said in an announcement that: “This is an investigation which has increased significantly in size since its inception. Sir Cliff Richard’s lawyers are aware that there is more than one allegation.”

However, the 73-year-old singer Richard said in a statement released Wednesday, that he has “no idea where these absurd and untrue allegations come from”.

“The police have not disclosed details to me. I have never, in my life, assaulted anyone and I remain confident that the truth will prevail. I have cooperated fully with the police, and will, of course, continue to do so,” he added.
Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top