Millennium Post

Molestation case: AP minister’s son grilled, sent to judicial custody

Molestation case: AP minister’s son grilled, sent to judicial custody
Ravela Susheel, son of Andhra Pradesh Social and Tribal Welfare Minister Ravela Kishore Babu, was extensively grilled by police on Sunday after he surrendered in a molestation case. A court later sent him to 14 days judicial custody.

Susheel appeared at Banjara Hills police station and surrendered after his lawyer failed to get him bail. Police also arrested Susheel’s driver M. Ramesh alias Appa Rao. Deputy Commissioner of Police Venkateswar Rao told reporters that both Susheel and his driver were questioned with regard to the complaint lodged by a woman.

Venkateswar Rao said police were also examining the CCTV footage of the car in which Susheel was travelling. He also asserted that the government was taking all steps for protection of women. “There is no question of shielding anybody involved in a crime, no matter how powerful he may be.”

The accused were later taken to the government-run Osmania Hospital for examination. They were later produced before a magistrate at his residence in the evening and remanded in judicial custody for 14 days. The accused were shifted to Chanchalguda Central Jail here. Police on Saturday issued notice to Susheel, asking him to appear before them within 48 hours. Both Susheel and Ramesh were booked on Saturday under the Nirbhaya Act for stalking a woman and trying to pull her into their car.

The incident occurred in the posh Banjara Hills neighbourhood on Thursday when the woman, a teacher, was walking down the road. She alleged that the duo passed lewd comments and tried to drag her in by grabbing her hand. Citing the victim’s complaint, the two were booked for harassment and misbehaving but no arrests were made.

On Friday, some television channels reported how police tried to hush up the case.

Susheel clarified through a social media post on Sunday that he spotted a puppy on the road and got down from car to pick it up but the woman without any reason started shouting and abusing him.
Next Story
Share it