Mishra writes to foreign media on surgical strikes by India
Delhi Tourism and Culture Minister Kapil Mishra has written letters to some foreign media houses demanding evidences of their ‘pro-Pakistan’ coverage of surgical strike in PoK.
“The stories have inadvertently helped propaganda that Pakistan has suffered no consequences after the Uri Attacks, thus showing our Prime Minister in poor light,” said Mishra in the letter.
“In a way, all these news articles were trying to tell the world that there was no surgical strike done by India whatsoever,” he added in the letters written to the media houses. Mishra further registered his protest against the reports and demanded to ensure the authenticity of the claims by Pakistan.
“Don’t run such news without evidence,” said Mishra demanding the media houses either to provide substantial evidence to support these news stories or take these stories back with due apologies. The letters were sent to USA-based The New York Times and CNN and UK-based BBC.
On October 1, The New York Times published a story by its correspondent Salman Masood questioning India’s surgical strike in Pakistan. A similar story was carried by BBC on the same day. CNN also carried a report by Pakistan’s Sophia Saifi on October 2 which gives an impression that the strike never happened. “The journalist does state that the Pakistan Army had been shepherding local and foreign media,” added Mishra.
- 17 May 2020 6:47 PM GMT
- 6 May 2020 6:06 PM GMT
- 8 May 2020 8:02 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 31 May 2020 10:38 AM GMT
- 31 May 2020 10:30 AM GMT
- 31 May 2020 7:15 AM GMT
- 31 May 2020 6:59 AM GMT
- 31 May 2020 6:55 AM GMT