Top
Millennium Post

Metal screw removed from boy’s windpipe in Gujarat

A two-and-a-half-year old boy got a new lease of life after a metal screw, stuck in his trachea (windpipe) for over three months, was removed by a city-based surgeon. Mayank Morzaria, from Porbandar city, was brought here on March 25 in a critical condition as he was unable to eat and was suffering from cough and fever. “The boy had reportedly swallowed the screw some three months ago. His parents took him to a local physician, who did not find anything dangerous,” Dr Himanshu Thakkar, an ENT surgeon, said.

“The X-Ray report clearly showed that a foreign body was stuck in the boy’s trachea. A bronchoscopy was performed yesterday and the screw was removed successfully,” he said.
Next Story
Share it