Millennium Post

MCOCA court issues production warrant against Akhtar, Waqas

MCOCA court issues production warrant against Akhtar, Waqas
‘The court issued production warrant against the duo after we applied for it before the court,’ special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said. The duo was arrested by the special cell of Delhi police last month.

‘The warrants have been sent to the Delhi court and once they are sent to judicial custody in Delhi, they will be brought to Mumbai,’ Nikam said.

At least 21 people were killed and 141 others injured when three powerful blasts ripped through crowded areas in Mumbai on July 13, 2011.

Earlier, five accused - Naquee Ahmed, Nadeem Shaikh, Kanwar Pathrija, Haroon Naik and Mohammed Qafeel Ansari were held in this case and are facing trial under the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA), Indian Penal Code and other laws. Later, (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadullah Akhtar were also arrested.

Those wanted in the case are Riyaz Bhatkal, who is also a top operative of the home-grown terror outfit, and Dubai-based Muzaffar Kolah.

The NIA had arrested Yasin Bhatkal (30), wanted in over 40 terror cases and carrying reward of Rs
35 lakh, and Akhtar, from the Indo-Nepal border on the night of 28 August last year.
Agencies

Agencies

Our contributor helps bringing the latest updates to you


Share it
Top