Top
Millennium Post

MCA bans SRK from entering Wankhede for five years

Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was on Friday banned by Mumbai Cricket Association for five years from entering the Wankhede Stadium for misbehaving with its officials in an IPL match here.

Khan, who was alleged by the MCA to have manhandled a security guard of the Association besides hurling choices abuses on its officials after the IPL game on May 16 between KKR and Mumbai Indians, was threatened with a life ban by some officials before the managing committee toned it down to a five-year period.

The decision to debar Khan was taken by the MCA's managing committee at its emergency sitting chaired by its President Vilasrao Deshmukh.

'The Managing Committee of the MCA at its meeting today has condemned the behaviour of Shah Rukh Khan, who without any provocation hurled abuses at MCA officials and manhandled the security guard in the presence of BCCI-IPL officials,' Deshmukh said.

'Shah Rukh had no regrets for his action and misbehaviour. He in fact has justified his action of manhandling the security guard and abusing and threatening MCA officials. The Managing Committee is forced to ban Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium for a period of five years,' said Deshmukh in a statement before answering the questions.

Asked whether there would be any change in MCA's stand if Khan apologises later, Deshmukh said the question did not arise.

'The ban is a message to every one that if anyone behaves like that action will be taken,' said Deshmukh, adding that more than 50 per cent of the members in the MCA managing committee were present when the unsavoury incident took place on Wednesday night.

The MCA president said the Cricket Board had been informed of the incident, a fact corroborated by BCCI's CAO Prof Ratnakar Shetty, who was present at the conference as one of the vice-presidents of the MCA.
Next Story
Share it