Maliwal meets acid attack victims, assures aid
Even as the file related to her appointment as DCW chief was rejected by LG Najeeb Jung on Friday, Swati <g data-gr-id="30">Maliwal</g> went to meet acid attack victims in south Delhi and assured them of support in their pursuit for justice.
<g data-gr-id="27">Maliwal</g> met four acid attack victims and said once she resumes charge, the Commission will get their cases reopened.
“The four acid attack cases are at least five years old and the culprits are still roaming free. Once I resume charge, DCW will get their cases reopened. I have also sought time with Health Minister Satyendra Jain next week to discuss the issue of free treatment to the acid attack victims,” she said.
“The stories of the victims I met today were shocking. The harassment they have been facing since then is horrendous. Delhi government had decided to give government jobs to acid attack victims. I will raise the issue with Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia that the process be started,” she added.
Jung on Friday refused to sign the file claiming it was not properly processed.
<g data-gr-id="34">Maliwal</g>, however, maintained that she would go to <g data-gr-id="32">office</g> only when she gets a communication from <g data-gr-id="33">government</g> but will continue with her activities. “I am waiting for any communication from the government. I will not go to <g data-gr-id="31">office</g> until this gets resolved. However, I will continue working in the field,” she said.