Three separate incidents of fire in state
Kolkata: Three separate incidents of fire took place in the state on Friday.
The first incident took place at a mattress producing factory at Dhulagarh. The local people spotted smoke billowing out of the factory at around 11.30 am. The local people tried to douse the flame initially but they failed to enter the room that had caught fire because of smoke. After being informed police and fire brigade rushed the spot. Seven fire tenders were swung into action to douse the flame. There were around 30 workers who were inside the factory when it had caught fire. The fire brigade took around two hours to bring the situation under control.
They had, however, managed to flee from the factory safely. According to the fire officials huge inflammable materials were stocked inside the factory that aggravated the situation. The factory was completely gutted in the fire. It is suspected that the loss might be in few lakh. According to the preliminary investigation the fire officials suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire. They were investigating if the factory had adequate fire fighting mechanism installed inside the factory. In another incident a house situated at Ganguly Bagan area of Paikpara caught fire following a burst of a cylinder. The fire soon spread to some other adjacent building. Altogether 7 houses in the areas had been damaged in the fire. The third incident took place at a sponge factory at Sakrail.