Three persons electrocuted to death in Malda
Kolkata: Three members of a family died after being electrocuted while one member is battling for life.
The incident took place at Harishchandrapur area of Malda on Tuesday morning. It had triggered tension among the local residents. The deceased have been identified as Mahabal Das (45) and his wife Sakuntala Das (40) and their granddaughter Lalita Das (4).
Police said that the Das family had been living at Chaksatan village of Harishchandrapur for many years. Mahabal used to work as a farmer in the locality. They used to live a tin thatched house. On Tuesday morning their house was electrocuted from a leakage of an electrical wire. Three victims who were inside the house at the time of the accident were also electrocuted.