Millennium Post

Three, including minor, killed in separate incidents in city

Kolkata: Three persons, including a minor boy, were killed in two separate incidents in the city on since Sunday night.
A 22-year-old youth died after being electrocuted at Garden Reach on late Sunday evening, while in a separate incident, another youth died after falling from the roof of his house. Police said that Prasenjit Mondal (22) was returning home from his workplace at around 10 pm on Sunday.
An employee of a private company, Mondal was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a broken switch box situated by the side of the road, opposite to Maa Kali Petrol Pump at Garden Reach.
The local residents, along with the police, rushed the victim to SSKM Hospital where the doctors pronounced him brought dead. The body has been sent for post-mortem examination.
In the other incident, another youth, Riki Sharma, died after falling from the roof of a four-storeyed building situated on MG Road. The incident took place at around 9:20 am on Monday, when some local residents heard a loud thud and found Sharma lying in a pool of blood. Local residents rushed the victim to Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
After being informed, police reached the spot and started a probe. They have started a probe to ascertain if the victim had committed suicide by jumping from the rooftop. The family members of the victim, however, have told police that this could have been an accident.
Police are investigating why he had climbed to the rooftop. They are yet to ascertain how he fell from the rooftop. Police have started cases of unnatural death in connection with the incidents.
Meanwhile, a four-year-old boy was killed in a road accident at Narkelbagan in new Town on Monday afternoon.
Police said that the victim, Debangsh Mishra, was heading to a relative's house with his father when they were hit by a vehicle. Both Debangsh and his father Ritwik Mishra received injuries. Police, with the help of local people, took both of them to a private hospital near Chinar Park. The boy was declared brought dead while his father has been provided with necessary treatment.

Next Story
Share it