Top
Millennium Post

Swab test reports of nine negative, to be released soon

Swab test reports of nine  negative, to be released soon

Kolkata: Even though the number of COVID-19 positive cases is surfacing, there is a bit of good news in the state too. A number of those who have been under treatment at Beliaghata ID Hospital are set to be released soon as their second swab tests have come negative.

Member of the state government's expert committee Dr Abhijit Chowdhury along with Prof Tamal Ghosh and Dr Dhiman Ganguly announced that swab test reports of nine persons, admitted at Beliaghata ID Hospital, came negative and they would be released soon.

Dr Chowdhury said: "It is good news for all of us amid the number of deaths being reported due to COVID-19. This shows that most get cured even after getting infected. However, it doesn't mean that the state government is taking the situation lightly. All necessary measures are being taken as and when required."

The data provided by the state government shows that at present 34 people are suffering from the disease in the state, including 16, who tested positive on Thursday.

Giving detailed information on the present scenario, Chief Secretary Rajiva Sinha said at present 34 people in the state are suffering from the disease as three were released on Tuesday after getting cured and reports of nine more came negative on Thursday.

"Till date, three persons have died due to COVID-19 and it is yet to be established that four more persons, who passed away subsequently, have died due to the disease as has been attributed. All four were not admitted to the hospital as patients suffering from COVID-19. They were suffering from heart and kidney ailments. They died due to existence of co-morbid conditions. Later, during the course of treatment, symptoms were found among them and two of them even tested positive when reports came after their death. So, we are not considering the deaths of these four persons because of COVID-19. It will not be right to attribute such deaths because of COVID-19 as it would lead to panic," Sinha said.

In the past 24 hours till Thursday evening, the Health department has received around 133 test reports and with this, the total number of reports received by the government so far has reached 738.

The number of persons enlisted for observation in the past 24 hours is 211 while the total is 58,199 so far. Around 160 patients have been put under home surveillance in the past 24 hours and the total figure has reached 57,901. Around 137 patients have been put under hospital isolation in the past 24 hours and the total figure under hospital isolation is 1014 out of which most have been released. At present, there are only 298 people in hospital isolation.

Swab samples have been collected from 104 suspected patients in the past 24 hours and so far around 763 patients have undergone the same test.

Meanwhile, the state Health department has issued an advisory on Thursday saying that there is no chance of transmission of the disease from the bodies at the crematorium or burial ground if proper protocol is followed during the transportation and disposal. The advisory clarifies that the COVID-19 virus is mainly transmitted through droplets and there is no risk of infection from a body among the health workers and family members or the people in the locality if the standard precautions are taken care of while handling.

Next Story
Share it