Millennium Post

SIT set up to probe into murder of Sheikh Dildar

Kolkata: A special investigation team (SIT) has been set up to probe into the murder of Trinamool Congress worker Sheikh Dildar, besides changing the Investigating Officer (IO) of the case.
He was shot dead in Suri in Birbhum on Monday over a fallout during the filing of nomination of the Panchayat polls.
Sources said both the steps that is to form an SIT and to change the IO were taken to expedite the process of the investigation.
The new IO of the case is the inspector-in-charge Debashis Panda. Earlier, sub-inspect, Soumo Dutta, was the IO of the case.
There are senior officers of Birbhum District Police and Suri police station
in the SIT.
The SIT will take necessary steps so that the probe can be expedited and they would get to know about others involved in the incident.
It is learnt that there was not much development in connection with the recovery of firearms used in the incident and it could be the reason that has prompted the change in the IO.
Moreover, there are also involvement of miscreants from Jharkhand who were deliberately brought to create ruckus in Suri.
It may be recalled that Firhad Hakim, senior Trinamool Congress leader and the state Urban Development and Municipal Affairs minister, had said on the day of the incident that a group of miscreants from Jharkhand was brought in to create trouble and he had alleged that they were brought in by the BJP.
"The group that created trouble at Mohammadbazar and Nalhati was also behind the incident at Suri," he said.
Police are also looking into the matter and it is learnt that a team of policemen will be visiting Jharkhand to get hold of the miscreants.
It may be mentioned that four BJP workers were arrested on Wednesday in connection with the incident.
Police had conducted a raid at Koridha in Suri after receiving a tip off and arrested Sheikh Safiul, Gautam Kora, Bablu Sheikh and Asit Sarkar.
All four were produced before the court and the police had pleaded for 10 days' custody for all four of them. However, the court decided to remand to police custody for seven days.
Next Story
Share it