Top
Millennium Post

Seven injured, some critically after house catches fire from leaked gas

Seven injured, some critically after house catches fire from leaked gas
X
Kolkata: Seven persons including three children suffered burn injuries after the room that they were in had caught fire from the leakage of an LPG cylinder.
As soon as one lighted a match stick, the room caught fire as the room was filled with the LPG gas. The incident took place at a house in North 24 Parganas' Kankinara on Tuesday night.
According to the police, some members of the house mistakenly switched on the knob of the gas oven but did not ignite the fire. This remained for a long time as a result of which, the kitchen and the room were filled with the gas without nobody noticing the incident.
The local residents heard the screams of the victims and rushed to their rescue. They were rushed to the Bhatpara state general hospital initially and was later shifted to Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital in Kalyani.
According to the police, the incident took place at the house of one Sanjay Sahu in Jagaddal. On Tuesday night, Sanjay's wife Rubi Sahu was preparing chapatti when she switched on the knob of the oven but did not light up fire. Few minutes later when she lit up the fire, the room caught fire as it had already been filled up with the gas.
The local residents told the police that Sanjay used to run a business of gas cylinder. The local residents also told the police that they did not know whether his business is illegal. They urged the people to look into the incident. Police reached the spot after the incident happened. According to the preliminary investigation, police said that it appears to be an incident of fire due to a leakage of gas from the cylinder. A detailed probe has been initiated.
According to the doctors at the Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital in Kalyani, the condition of some of the patients are serious as they suffered serious injuries in the incident.
Next Story
Share it