Raidighi house catches fire after electrical wire snaps
Kolkata: A house in South 24-Parganas' Raidighi was completely gutted in a fire that broke out after an overhead electrical wire fell on it.
No casualty or injuries have been reported in the incident so far. According to local sources, there was no one in the house when the incident took
place. They also said that it occurred when a gusty wind was blowing in the area on Friday morning.
The district administration is yet to confirm if the house caught fire from the electrical wire or there was any other angle into the incident.
After being informed a fire tender was pressed into action and the police reached the spot. The house was completely gutted in the fire before the fire officials reached the spot. The incident sparked tension in the locality. The local villagers claimed that an overhead electrical wire fell on the house and caused the fire.
The villagers also said that the house owners stored some grains inside the house which were completely damaged in the fire. The police and fire officials in the district have started a detailed probe. They are yet to confirm the exact cause of the fire. They have collected samples from the charred house.
On the other hand 15 full-grown trees have fallen in East Midnapore while some more trees were uprooted in South 24-Parganas.
- 25 Jan 2020 5:27 PM GMT
- 26 Dec 2019 6:15 PM GMT
- 22 Aug 2019 6:17 PM GMT
- 31 Aug 2019 1:38 PM GMT
- 25 Oct 2017 3:32 PM GMT
- 4 April 2020 6:44 PM GMT
- 4 April 2020 6:42 PM GMT
- 4 April 2020 6:40 PM GMT
- 4 April 2020 6:36 PM GMT
- 4 April 2020 6:35 PM GMT