Millennium Post

Prime accused of Nanoor mass killing found murdered, couple held

Kolkata: The prime accused of the Suchpur mass killing at Nanoor in Birbhum CPI(M) leader Subhash Chandra Dey has been murdered on Friday at the Khoj Mohammadpur village in Birbhum.

On Monday, police arrested a couple from the village for allegedly murdering Dey. It was found that the deceased CPI(M) leader had an affair with the woman, who has been arrested along with her husband. According to sources, Dey had gone missing since Friday afternoon. On Saturday, his family lodged a missing complaint at the Nanoor police station. After starting probe, police found Dey's bike on Saturday from his village, which was left abandoned.

Meanwhile, the deceased CPI(M) leader's daughter informed police that he had called her on Friday afternoon and said that he was at Alambazar and would return via Joydeb. However, when she called her father again after an hour, Dey did not receive the call.

Following this information, police checked the call details of Dey and found his mobile phone's last tower location at Khoj Mohammadpur in Dubrajpur.

Police found that Dey had regularly been in touch with a woman there and also came to know that his neighbour Sona Shaikh's daughter was married to a person from the same area where Dey's last location was found.

As soon as the clues corroborated with each other, police conducted a raid at the Khoj Mohammadpur and detained Sona Shaikh's daughter and her husband Matiur Rahman.

Though the duo initially claimed to be innocent, Rahman and his wife admitted that they had killed Dey when police put pressure on them. During interrogation, Rahman told police that Dey had an illicit affair with his wife.

On Friday, when he came back home, Rahman found Dey with his wife. Seeing this, an enraged Rahman took an iron rod and hit the CPI(M) leader on his head multiple times.

Following this, he used a sharp weapon to cut Dey's body into pieces and his wife helped him to do so. After mutilating the body, the duo threw the head and legs of Dey in river Ajay. Later, they put the rest of the mutilated body parts inside a sack and buried it under a bush near their home.

After Rahman and his wife admitted to the crime, police took them to the place and dug out the sack with the mutilated body parts of Dey inside it. A murder case has been initiated against Rahman and his wife.

Next Story
Share it