Home > Kolkata > One dead, 2 injured in gas cylinder explosion

One dead, 2 injured in gas cylinder explosion

 Team MP |  2018-03-08 18:14:14.0

One dead, 2 injured in gas cylinder explosion

Kolkata: A 65-year-old man was burnt to death; his wife and son have been injured after their room caught fire due to an explosion of the gas cylinder. The incident took place in Dhola area of South 24-Parganas on late Wednesday night.
In another incident, a fire took place at the main building of the Sealdah station on Thursday afternoon triggering panic among the commuters. Three fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames. No injury or casualty has been reported.
In the earlier incident, the deceased's wife and son are undergoing treatment in a hospital with some burn injuries on their bodies. It was learnt that Nitai Sit (65) were asleep inside his room along with his wife and son when the gas cylinder exploded. Police and fire department officials are yet to confirm if the fire had been caused due to the explosion.
Police said fire soon spread into the bed room. As they victims were asleep, it took some time for them to the leave the house. While his son and wife managed to flee the house, the elderly man was unable to leave the place.
As a result, he was charred to death inside the house. The fire officials reached the spot along with police. A fire tender brought the situation under control. The deceased's body was later recovered from the house.
Meanwhile, a fire broke out on the stairs beside the guard's lobby at the main building of the sealdah station at around 2.45 pm on Thursday. The fire officials reached the spot and three fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames.
The fire was brought under control within half an hour. According to preliminary investigation, fire officials suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire.

Share it
Top