Millennium Post

Nursery student molested in pvt school in Thakurpukur

Kolkata: A day after a 4-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by two teachers at GD Birla Centre for education in Ranikuthi, a similar incident was reported on Saturday where a Nursery student had allegedly been molested inside a private school at Thakurpukur.
The family members of the victim, who are residents of Behala, said that the incident took place around three months ago following which they had lodged a complaint with the local police station. They alleged that police are yet to take any action in this regard.
According to the family members of the victim, the three and half-year-old girl fell ill after returning from her school on September 13. The family members found that her school uniform had blood stains on it. They took her to Vidyasagar State General Hospital on the same day.
The doctors who treated the child confirmed that she was sexually assaulted. The victim had also told her parents the name of the two accused who had tortured her. The family members of the victim did not want to inform the matter to the police considering the future of the girl. They however, changed their decision later on and lodged a complaint with the Behala police station against two persons on September 14. The victim's mother on Saturday told media that the girl had identified the two accused against whom no action was taken, either by the police or the school authorities. She also said that her daughter has not been going to school for more than the past two and half months, since the incident occurred. The matter had been informed to the school authorities but they had denied the incident, saying it might have occurred with the girl being outside school premises. The victim had to undergo counseling to overcome the trauma, stated her mother. The school authorities claimed in a Press statement that they had received a complaint of child abuse in September this year. Following the incident, they went through the CCTV footages and also handed them over to the police but no such incident was found. The CCTV footages had been shown to the victim's family members as well.

Next Story
Share it