Millennium Post

Mother, son die of electrocution in front of house on Sarat Chandra Road

Kolkata: A woman and her son was electrocuted under mysterious circumstances infront of their residence on Sarat Chandra Road under Haridevpur police station area on Sunday afternoon.
The bodies of the mother son duo were spotted by the neighbours with the clothesline lying on their
motionless bodies.
According to police sources, the woman Puspa Samanta (40) was putting a blanket for drying on the clothesline adjacent to a well infront of her house at around 2.20
pm when she felt an electric shock and was flung to the ground..
She raised a cry and her younger son Monojit who was having his lunch rushed out of the house.
Seeing her mother lying on the ground struggling with the clothesline upon her, the teenager tried to remove it and suffered the same fate.
Neighbours spotted both of them and rushed the duo to MR Bangur Hospital where both of them were declared brought dead.
Officers from Haridevpur police station rushed to the spot and found that the rope that was used for hanging clothes by Puspa was tied with a rod of a ceiling fan inside their house indicating chances of electrocution.
"We will conduct postmortem to ascertain the actual cause of death.
However, circumstantial evidences have revealed that they were electrocuted," a senior official of Haridevpur police station said.
Monojit's elder brother Manoj and his father Lankeshwar were outside the house when the
incident occurred.
The locals have been dumb founded at the tragic incident. "It was just half-an-hour back when Puspa had come to my house for taking some spices for cooking. I simply cannot believe that they are no more.," Rina Jana, a neighbour said.
Lankeshwar is a rickshaw puller and had gone to bring her daughter from her in laws house in North Kolkata. His daughter had got married recently.

Next Story
Share it