Top
Millennium Post

Man electrocuted to death while flying kite

Man electrocuted to death while   flying kite
X
Kolkata: A person was electrocuted to death when the string that he was using for flying kite accidentally got entangled with the electric supply line. The tragic incident occurred while the man was flying kite on the roof of his residence at Nabasree Bazaar area near Garia railway station on Sunday late afternoon. The ten-year-old daughter of the deceased Sanjib Kumar Das who was holding the spool also sustained injuries.
According to sources, Das along with his daughter and nephew, was flying kite on the roof of the sky. He was trying to raise the kite to a high level when suddenly the string got stuck with the high tension electric wire that was just adjacent to his house. The impact was so high that Das flung and fell a few feet away while his daughter Anuksha who was holding the spool also fell down. The nephew of Das who was holding the string also sustained injuries. The three were rushed to a nearby hospital where Das was declared brought dead.
Anuksha sustained serious injuries on her legs and is undergoing treatment at SSKM hospital.
"He had told Anuksha that he will be competing with the other kites flying in the sky and will emerge as the winner," a family member of the deceased said.
Next Story
Share it