Top
Millennium Post

Fire scare at Salt Lake's Swasthya Bhawan

Kolkata: There was panic among the employees of Salt Lake's Swasthya Bhawan after the meter box caught fire on Wednesday afternoon. No casualty or injury has been reported in the incident.
Some people spotted smoke coming out of the meter box situated between floor number 5 and 6 at around 10 am. Panic sparked among the staff members, many of whom were seen running helter-skelter.
The employees were evacuated from the two floors immediately after the incident. Staff members tried to extinguish the fire but they failed to douse the flames. After being informed, a fire tender rushed to the spot and doused the flames. The situation was brought under control within an hour.
According to the preliminary investigation, police and fire officials suspect that an electrical short circuit might have caused the fire. A detailed probe has been initiated in this regard.

Next Story
Share it