Fire in restro near Jadavpur 8B bus stand kills one
One person was killed and two others injured in a fire that broke out at a restaurant near Jadavpur 8B bus stand on Wednesday morning.
Police and fire officials suspect that the fire might have broke out after a gas cylinder stocked inside the restaurant exploded. As the fire took place at a busy area, there was a tension among the local residents. Many curious people started gathering near the spot of the incident. The local residents tried to take part in the rescue operation but they faced problems as smoke engulfed the area.
The matter was informed to the fire brigade department. Two fire tenders rushed to the spot to douse the flame and they took nearly an hour to bring the situation under control. The police cordoned off the entire area, however, this led to a huge traffic jam prompting the police to divert Jadavpur-bound traffic.
Local people said that they spotted smoke billowing out of the restaurant situated close to the KPC Medical College and Hospital this morning. When the local people rushed to the spot they found that a fire engulfed the restaurant. Three workers of the restaurant suffered burnt injuries. Police rushed the injured to the KPC Medical College and Hospital where one was declared brought dead. The victim has been identified as Nanda Bera. The condition of two others was stated to be critical. The doctors said that the two others received burn injuries on their body.
Police and fire officials have started a probe in this connection. They are examining if the restaurant had proper fire license or not. The fire officials are checking whether proper firefighting equipment were installed at the restaurant or not. The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage are yet to be ascertained by the Fire department. Police are investigating if it was as accident or there was any foul play behind the incident.