Top
Millennium Post

Kolkata slum catches fire, no injuries yet

A fire broke out in a Kolkata slum opposite to Rajabazar Science College on Sunday afternoon but was soon doused, a fire services official said. No injuries were reported.
"A fire broke out in a slum opposite to Rajabazar Science College here at around 4.30 p.m. It was successfully doused by 6 p.m.. The process of damping down is going on," said an official from the city fire control headquarters.
Ten fire tenders were pressed into service, which initially found it difficult to tackle the blaze due to the narrow roads and lots of temporary houses made of inflammable materials.
According to the firemen, a short circuit might have caused the fire.
"A few shanties were gutted. The overall damage could not be estimated yet. Nobody got injured in the incident," the official added.
Next Story
Share it